25 days. It just isn’t enough. Making the most of our time we’ve begun giving thought to the things we want to make happen. Ours is a world of firsts. With the distance collapsing, we look forward to the moment of reality, of when we are in each others’ presence. Day one the 21st of May is a parent teacher conference day as her school lets out for a month long break. For me the anticipation of arriving in a new world, fighting a 12 hour time shift into the future will be sure to induce some jet lag – yet, nothing can keep me from making the most of our fleeting time.
Our immediate and growing plan is to make the most of every moment. My arrival corresponds with Ascension Day. The day Christians celebrate the bodily Ascension of Jesus into heaven – this will be our day of ascension out of the past and into our future together.
Day 1 Holy Thursday May 21, 2020
- Attend an Ascension Service
- Possibly dinner with the boys (and then home with them),
- Goal of having a bottle of wine/light snacks talking and taking a survey on interpersonal closeness.
- I hope to take the cab ride with her home, and kiss her on her door step.
- Grocery shopping
- Cook late lunch/early dinner
- … maybe a nap?
- … romantic dinner?